"Creative minds are rarely tidy"

Pin It
Picture
This tutorial is is sort of like the one before it, it's teensy tinsy! It's so cute I can't get enough of it! This is a simple flower, so there is always space for making it better.

Materials:
Scissors
Seed bead - I picked a blue tall and thin one for my original flower, in this tutorial, I am using a clear/white one.
Green paper and other colored paper of your choice
Glue

Instructions:

Step 1: Start with the leaves - Cut 3 very, very thin piece of green paper, varying in size, use estimation to approximate how long it'll be. Also make sure to not make it too short.
Picture

If it isn't already, slightly curl the leaves with your finger, not much.
Picture

Step 2: Set the leaves aside. For your flower, cut out a thin strip of colored paper similar to the one you used for the leaves. roll this up into a ball. If your flower is too big, cut a smaller strip. If your flower is too small - cut a bigger strip. :) You can make them variating in size (recommended)

Step 3: Roll them into a ball
Picture

Step 4: Cover the flower with glue, this will keep them from unraveling. (It may look like the same picture above, but that's because you can't see the glue. :)
Picture

Step 5: Make the stems by cutting 2 proportionately sized (not too thin, not too thick .... etc. :) pieces of green paper. Again, don't make them the same height. :)

Step 6: Put it together! Glue the flower to the stem
Picture

Step 7: While that is drying, glue the leaves into the bead, arranging them the way you like.

Step 8: Glue the flower into the vase as well
Picture

Done! Your super duper, teensy tinsy, miniature flower and vase is finished! You could put this in a miniature bottle (like the one here: http://www.joann.com/darice-timeless-miniatures-spice-bottles-with-plug-/2180370.html#q=miniature+bottle&start=2) -and use it as a charm.

Picture

Please leave your comments, tips, and questions in the comment box below
-Erin

Comments

jocelyn
03/14/2014 1:45pm

Awww alll these things are soo cute Erin srry i never commented when you asked me too sorry. :)

Erin
03/14/2014 5:43pm

Hey Jocelyn,
Thank you! That is totally fine, I'm glad you commented anyways!
Have fun crafting!,
~ Erin

Annabelle
05/21/2014 2:33pm

This is so cute miss u erin everyone in mrs.littles class misses u

Erin
05/22/2014 3:09am

Thanks, did Ms. Little tell you about how Caitlin and I are reading our book out loud? I will be there, I think it is the coming Tuesday after homeroom. See you there :D

03/23/2015 7:46am

I was surfing online more than three hours as of late, yet I never discovered any fascinating article like yours. It is the lovely prize enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet shall be a lot more useful than ever before.

Erin A
03/23/2015 11:07am

Thank you so much! This will definitely be my inspiration to post more often, knowing that there are lots of people out there who enjoy reading my posts and tutorials! Thank you again! :)

Hally
04/08/2015 2:40pm

OMG this is all so cute. My friend in my class says she is your friend.
She told me this website and I LOVE it.

Erin A
04/12/2015 11:55pm

Thanks! And thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! :)

09/24/2015 3:17pm

Thanks for sharing this post with us, I am working in Flowercornerbali as a florist. A vase refers to an accessory which is mostly used for the decoration purpose. You can craft on them beautifully on your own. Moreover these types of vases can hold many types of decorative things like different types of flowers, plants or decorative facsimile.

Erin
09/25/2015 10:21am

Thank you for taking the time to go through my blog and comment Logan!

Your comment will be posted after it is approved.